Many times the topic of "What I am going to do with my life" comes up in conversation with not only my parents but with my friends. I say that I want to become an educator in an urban setting and those that listen just shake their heads. Some say that I am insane while others continue to say 'Why?' I then reply that I want to teach in urban communities because that's where they need teachers the most.
At first I was quite hesitant with teaching in an urban community because of all the challenges and conflicts I have heard of, but I realized that there are challenges in any community although the conflicts that I may face may be different. I am up for any challenge and hopefully when I do start teaching I will meet many wonderful colleagues whom I can talk to about the challenges that I may have.
From my experiences I am certain that I want to teach in an urban district. I would prefer going to a school in Newark because I have had the privilege in getting to know the different schools that are in Newark. My parents still worry about what may happen to me and my friends still ask 'Why?' but I feel that becoming an educator in a city is what I want to do.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment