Monday, June 9, 2008

Regarding today's lecture

I knew that politics were always involved within schools but I did not know that there would be so many people scheming and trying to use others for their own benefits. It was surprising to find out all the information that Dr. Goldstein told us about in class. I was glad to find that although we will be given curriculums from the school that in the classroom we were able to adjust in ways in which we would like to teach.

What was surprising and I will not forget was when Dr. Goldstein mentioned a school where the principal used school budget to take his wife or fiance (I forget what relations the woman had to the principal) on vacations as well as buy her things. I could not believe that because many times school budgets are not enough as it is. Although I came from a suburban community and my school had a lot of money because there was a high property tax it seemed as though we could always use money for different things such as new equipment for the football team or instruments for the band.

I guess I should read the paper more and especially on articles related to schools or education so that I can be more knowledgeable with current events. Current events are important in my opinion so I can not only learn about what is happening in various communities but so I am also informed to show my students the importance of being up-to-date with what is happening in this world.

No comments: