I watched Freedom Writer's with my sister and her friend today and I thought that the movie was really great. The movie was based on a book called The Freedom Writers Diary by Erin Gruwell and the kids of Wilson High School. I enjoyed the movie a lot and I was glad that I did watch it because I wanted to watch it for some time now. I would definitely recommend you all to watch it. I think that I am going to go to the library and borrow the book sometime soon to read.
Why did I enjoy the movie? One reason was that the movie took place in Los Angeles, California right after the LA riots, which is a place and event that I can relate to. I was born in California and lived in a town called Cerritos which is in the outskirts of Los Angeles. My father had business in Los Angeles and was a witness of the LA riots. He also had business in Long Beach where part of the movie was filmed.
I also enjoyed the movie because it depicted the life of what students in urban communities can go through. I did not think that the conflicts that the students had were that off from reality. I felt that I could also learn from the teacher on how to communicate as well as open up to the students. I did realize that it may be difficult to get all the resources I need as well as help from those that have more authority than I do.
I really hope that I could be like Mrs. G (the name of the teacher in the movie) and inspire students to reach for their dreams.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment